sweet life background

Friday, February 18, 2011

O Magazine Article: 5 Things Veganist Author Kathy Freston Knows for Sure

Wellness expert and best-selling author Kathy Freston shares the secrets to compassionate, mindful eating.
http://www.oprah.com/spirit/Wellness-Expert-Kathy-Freston-on-Veganism-and-Mindful-Eating

I really like what Kathy says in this article. I know I want to eat healthier and embrace a vegan-ish lifestyle and the 'tips' she suggests here make me believe that I can succeed!

I hope that some of what is in the link can perhaps inspire you to start small and try a few vegan or even vegetarian dishes once a week. I know I plan on trying to veganize a lunch and dinner. I have breakfast covered as I eat Kashi cereals and don't drink cow's milk anymore. I began drinking soy milk in 2006 in my Starbucks lattes and since then the transition has been a fairly easy one. However since I have been hearing that soy milk isn't super healthy for you on a regular basis I decided I would try other alternatives like Almond milk or Coconut milk. I really liked the Coconut milk but noticed that it had a high saturated fat percentage so I chose to try Rice milk and WOW this is awesome! In my cereal, in my morning latte and even with dinner, just delicious! I just hope my adventure into veganism is as fruitful and fun as my moo replacement journey!

Here is a link to Oprah's Website that has a sample weekly menu from Kathy's book. I love the meal plans they sound delicious and easy. I'll be sure to let you know how some of them go!

http://www.oprah.com/oprahshow/Week-One-Kathy-Frestons-Vegan-Menu-Plan

Luck to you and to me on the quest to healthy conscious eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment