sweet life background

Saturday, April 9, 2011

You say it's my BIRTHDAY!

Ha- ha, little psych there because it isn't my birthday today. It was, however, a few days ago and yup another year older... thirty-seven (37) to be exact! I KNOW, WOW! I don't feel 37. Sometimes I forget exactly how old I am. It's not until I see myself in the mirror that I am reminded of how time flies by. It feels like only yesterday I was 17. And yet 17 feels ages ago! But despite my age I wouldn't change a thing! I truly love my life. My family and friends, and most especially my husband Garrett. He is an AMAZING man who makes me feel the way every woman should feel by her husband; loved, appreciated, beautiful, sexy, special and wanted!

This year as my gift to me, I am learning to appreciate all the wonderful things life presents. Big, small, easy, and the difficult each is beautiful as long as I remind myself to bathe in it. Allow all aspects to seep into my soul, to breathe and see what I am supposed to learn! Man life is exciting so long as you SEE it and EMBRACE what it is trying to show you! Every challenge is a gift and I am learning to receive it in the manner it is given. To be more open and positive, to refrain from negative thoughts and energy for all these do is taint what has been presented to me, I lose the point and the meaning. I am working toward living a more optimistic life. I want to lead by example and be the best version of myself for myself! And the family and friends I am surrounded by make it so much easier to accomplish! Having a good support system makes everything easier!

Speaking of support system, I did have a very lovely birthday! It wasn't anything like my 36th which was spent coincidentally in Maui! OH YEAH! That was one memorable celebration! Great people, gorgeous views, delicious food and my family! Who could ask for better! This year may not compare location wise but it has been a wonderful one nevertheless! An early dinner with the in-laws on the 1st. An evening party with some family and friends on the 2nd. Sushi lunch, frozen yogurt, and Red Riding Hood movie with my Mom and Sister on the 3rd. On my birthday day of April 4, a yummy lunch with my dad, Kelly, my nephew, Liam and Lili too at my favorite pizza place Atomic Ale Brewpub & Eatery. Then dinner at 6 Degrees with Lili and my Garrett, oh yeah Pop Rock-tini's delish! And interestingly enough the celebrations aren't over just yet! Hooray! I am going out with two very special friends for  belated birthday adult beverages tonight at White Buddha, tasty tasty! I feel so fortunate and quite blessed to have such good family and girlfriends in my life who have made this birthday year a fabulous one for me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME, INDEED!

May this year bring, not only me but all who surround me, joy and love and laughter and delicious memories!
Thank you with all my heart to the amazing people in my life who've gone out of their way to make a person feel loved and appreciated on her birthday!  MMMWWWAAAHHH xxxooo

No comments:

Post a Comment